Diary Page 1: So Finally went to a Mokoomba Show and Bryan K was also there.!!!!

Been a fan of Mokoomba for some time now, but had never been to their show. Financial and geographical challenges were the major players in ensuring my absence at their shows. Was introduced to these guys by Power Fm popular presenter Dj Scott, a couple of years back he used to play these guys a lot on his show, mostly the track Mese Mese which they worked with Dutch Dj/Producer Gregor Salto. Since then I have been following them.


Mokoomba was getting much love from the international community but many Zimbo's did not even know about them. Then about two years back they started performing in Harare, a move which I highly support  and because of that their Zim  fan-base is growing day by day.

When I heard they are performing at the Micasa Album Launch, I was excited, my schedule was open and I could actually go. Also to make the night more worth it Bryan Kadengu was also performing there. Have grown quite fond of Bryan over the past year, his music has won me over. Am a fan of Micasa but if they were performing alone was not gonna go, it was the inclusion of Bryan K and mostly Mokoomba that convinced me. 

Got there at around 8:30pm and the show had already started with Bryan K on stage serenading the fans. He is quite an exquisite performer, his band is well balanced and they have great chemistry on stage. He is definitely one artist Zimbabwe should look out for. Loved his set.

Beat boxer Probeats was next and he definitely wowed the crowd with his skill. Beat boxing and rapping at the same time...like seriously...how does he do that. Also the club slow motion part was sensational.

Mokoomba came next and from the onset it was a high energy performance. What I love most about Mokoomba is the way their music fuses and changes. Tracks like Misodzi, Njoka, Yombe, Nimukonda have these amazing fusions and well made transitions. I enjoyed their set. The guys have a great chemistry between them, their performance is high standard and entertaining.....u can clearly see why they keep getting booked for international shows. These guys offer a different feel and experience as compared to many local artists out there, they are authentic and I believe that is one of t
heir major selling points. My $25 ticket was worth it, these guys are just amazing. They however did not perform my favourite song from them Manunge, but its all good.

To make my night even better, managed to meet up with half of the Mokoomba band members and took some pics.

Also they confirmed that an Acoustic Album is coming very soon. After this show they will perform again on Zim soil in April as they are going for a American tour. 

Also heard Hope Masike was among the crowd, am a huge fan and would have loved to chat with her but haaa the VIP section was too pricey for my pocket.

In overall had a great time. Looking forward to many shows like this and hopefully meeting a lot of my favourite artists.


Proud_Zimbo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZiJudgement Yard Volume Vol 23, 24 & Zimdancehall Vol 2

Judgement Yard Mixtapes: Volume 25 & 26

Mixtape Review : Brythreesixty - Purple Mars