Zimbabwean Tracks That Made My Childhood Part 2

Published the part one a couple of weeks back. Ten tracks don't really do justice to my childhood so today will be giving you another 10 tracks.
So lets get down to it:

1) Slice - So Ndiani/Wandinoda
These guys were the original masalad.  This song was a hit among the young when it came out. Its also a great love jam. Loved this jam.



2) Decibel - Chido
Dangerous Baranzi as he was affectionately know by his fans was on top of his game when this track came out. Its a timeless classic and it was a monster hit when it came out. Easy to sing along lyrics, a superb instrumental this is a superb song and it had me singing along every time it played.



3) R&K African Sounds - Raramo (Tina)
Who in Zimbabwe does not know this track...well those 21 years and above. The intro on this jam is just out of this world. Many people my age may not be sungura fans but this track is one of the very few exceptions.



4) Mc Villa - Unodzoka Here 
This jam was a dedication of everyone who was in a long distance relationship. When it came out was not yet brave to have a girlfriend but I imagined that is how I would have felt. Its another classic that would make me sing along each and every time it played.



5) Thornhill Boys - Usacheme
There have been loads and loads of love songs in Zimbabwe and this jam is among the most iconic and most loved. These guys were like the Zim's version of Boys To Men. They however gave us just one song but what a song this is. Sand this track to and with many ladies back in the day. Timeless classic.



6) Admire Kasenga & Ngosimbi Crew - Pamuchato Watobias
Talk about infectious tracks, this track is so infectious you cant help it but sing along and dance. This is another sungura exception. I love this song like crazy.



7) Andy Brown ft Potato - Mapurisa
This Andy Brown song was a massive jam. Its fusion of jazz and dancehall proved to be a very successful experiment. I remember singing this track at a Variety Show in primary, loved this track like crazy.



8) Pengaudzoke - Tsaona
This song has a deep meaning but when it was released I had no idea how deep the message goes, regardless I loved the jam. Loved the crazy dances, the instrumental and the way the lyrics were structured....they appeared comical to me in a a sense.



9) Roy & Royce - Handirege
These Twins were on fire in the early 2000's, their music was on point and was loved by Zimbos of all ages. This track is a beautiful love jam that made me visualize what love felt lie. Loved the jam.



10) Exq - Musalala
Yes Yes Yes, there a re a few artists who made a unique and grand entrance like ExQ did with this jam. This jam was a huge huge hit. If you're my age and never rapped to the lyrics on this jam I have no idea what you did with your childhood.



That's it for this episode of track that made my childhood. Feel free to comment with tracks that also made your childhood.


Proud_Zimbo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZiJudgement Yard Volume Vol 23, 24 & Zimdancehall Vol 2

Judgement Yard Mixtapes: Volume 25 & 26

Mixtape Review : Brythreesixty - Purple Mars