Track Review: Hope Masike Feat Sulumani Chimbetu - Tingwarire

If you have been following my blog then you know I'm one big fan of Hope Masike, she has unique sense of sound, superb vocals and a matching unique personality & image. She is not convectional to say the least. On the other hand I'm also a huge dendera fan mainly due to the legendary Simon "Chopper" Chimbetu and was happy when Sulu took the reigns and proved he also can make some very good dendera music. With all I just said, you can definitely guess my reactions when I learnt that these two were working on a song together.....yep you guessed right..... was happy. So the song finally dropped and was immediately got to the listening and these are my thoughts on the track


By the mere mention of the Gwenyambirakadzi Hope, I was expecting to hear some lovely mbira work and the into just put all those expectations to fruition. The saxophone, drums and bass then kicks in. The fusion is however not as smooth as I expected, its has a certain roughness to it. Love the mbira sound but they could have done without (toned down) the other brush like sound playing concurrently with the mbira. From 01:58 - 02:53 they switched up to a more familiar sounding kind of dendera arrangement which is sounding good. The overall track production is done quite well. Nice Job by Mono. At first the fusion sounded a bit unusual but after a couple of listens it grew on me.

The fist time I saw the title, I thought this was humanitarian/social informative kind of song!!!! how wrong I was..and how happy I was to be wrong. This is a love jam. On this track the two artists are taking the position of two lovebirds who are advising each other to be careful of the company they keep because it is not everyone who is happy of their relationship. Lovely.

The two artists managed to blend well and both gave good performances. They have distinct voices and vibes but they managed to complement each other quite well. The lyrics are nice and well arranged.



In overall this is a lovely jam. The instrumental may not be as smooth but its okay, the vocals and theme are lovely. I would not mind listening to this jam whilst braaing with the guys or on that outing. Personally the collaboration did not disappoint me, hope they give more collaborations in the future.

What are your thought on the track??
Proud_Zimbo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZiJudgement Yard Volume Vol 23, 24 & Zimdancehall Vol 2

Judgement Yard Mixtapes: Volume 25 & 26

Mixtape Review : Brythreesixty - Purple Mars