I Wish I Was A Musician

I'm no that talented or skillful when it comes to music but there are many times when after listening to a certain song, I have this belief that i'm now skilled.  There are certain tracks which makes me wanna try being an artists as a "hobby". Today I'll be talking about such songs.

So personally I want to learn to play the guitar and keyboard, will be buying my own personal set and start some lessons soon. Besides from wanting maybe to play at church there are some songs which always push me to wanna learn to play instruments. In terms of vocals, I'm no Trevor Dongo or Sanii but I can at least sing the very few amounts of discord, but well although the vocals are important, one can make any voice work!!!!


So lets get to it?? So will be mentioning the different aspects of music and the songs that make me wanna learn that skill.


Mbira 

Hope Masike - Ndinewe
This track is out of this world. I never get bored or tired of this jam....its awesome. The mbira work is done very very well...coupled with that voice.....................................ouch.

Thomas Mapfumo - Mukadzi Wamukoma
Love the mbira work on this jam. Its one of my favourite tracks from the Legend.

Chiwoniso Maraire - Rebel Woman Album
This album is heavily laced with the mbira and it will get you mesmerized. Tracks such as Hurombo, Ndofandichibaiwa, Mukaranga Ane Shanje..etc. Will definitely get you hooked on the mbira.


Hosho

Thomas Mapfumo - Moyo Wangu
This is an amazing and powerful track which literally excels in every department but the hosho stand out the most. Also a lot of Mukanya tracks have the hosho and it always inspires me to want to learn to play with a rythym.

Chiwoniso Maraire - Rebel Woman Album
Mbira and hosho walk hand in hand and on this album there is load of hosho.


African Drum

Oliver Mtukudzi - Muchatuta
Definitely my favourite track from Tuku, and the drum is one of the major reasons why I fell for this song this much.

Oliver Mtukudzi - Chiri Nani
Another beautiful and classic jam from Tuku. The drum work is done so good on this jam.

Thomas Mapfumo - Various Tracks
Mukanya's music includes all the african instruments so its hard to chose one...you can random pick one tracks there is some lovely ngoma there.

Victor Kunonga - Kwedu
The songs is superb, arguably my favourite from Victor and ngoma yakarohwa nice nice. I feel like learning everytime I listen to the jam.

Drums

Tarimari - Shushu 
This is one awesome jam, and the drum work here makes me wanna try out drums. Its high energy and superb

Oliver Mtukudzi - Hear Me Lord
This is one of Tuku's most iconic tracks and every time I listen to this track, I always get amazed by the drum work, the drummer did a awesome job here.

James Chimombe - Zvaitika
One of the timeless classics from the iconic artists. Love the drum work on this jam.


Keyboard

John Chibadura - Mudiwa Janet
This track is iconic for  a reason, the key board work here is just a slice of heaven.  Hopefully I get to be this good....hopefully.

Alexio Kawara - Nehana
This song can serenade even the thuggest of thugs. Superb keyboard work here.

Willom Tight - Ndiri Pano
One of my all time favourite love songs from Zimbabwe, this track has some lovely lovely keyboard work.


Guitar

Bryan Kadengu - Nyaya Dzerudo 
Every time I listen to this track, I rock my air guitar, the guitar work is just awesome. Its not the only track on the album that makes me wanna learn a guitar, other tracks are, Matida, Marunjeya & Usasiyane Neni.

Mokoomba - Njoka
Mokoomba has this superb fusion type of sound and I love it to bits. The guitar work on this track is awesome, love the rock/dub kind of guitar at start. 

Thomas Mapfumo - Nyoka Musango
That bass line, thaaaaaaaaaaaat bass line!!!!. How many bass lines can you think of that are better than the one here??? 

Alexio Kawara - Paunoda
The guitar work is so smooth, disciplined and on point. The rock guitar part at the end ohh goshhhhhh.

Victor Kunonga - Kwedu
I can actually sing the whole instrumental of this track, loooooove the guitar work here. 

Leonard Dembo - Zvaunoda Handingazvigone
The guitar work here is sublime, I f you wonder why Dembo is regarded the godfather of sungura, take a listen to this track. I can see myself playing the guitar and doing those iconic dances the guys used to do in the videos.

Marshall Munhumumwe & The Four Brothers - Ndivhumbamirei
Who doesn't want to play the guitar this good...listen to the track uzvinzwire.

Alick Macheso - Mundikumbuke
My favourite track from Ba Sharo has some slick guitar work.


In a situation like this it hard to fully remember all of the tracks that make me feel like learning an instrument but these are the ones that came to mind easily. Feel free to comment with those tracks that make you want to learn to play an instrument.

Proud_Zimbo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZiJudgement Yard Volume Vol 23, 24 & Zimdancehall Vol 2

Judgement Yard Mixtapes: Volume 25 & 26

Mixtape Review : Brythreesixty - Purple Mars