Track Review: Jam Signal - Overrated

Zim Jam Signal is definitely one of my favourite groups on the local scene, if it was not for Mokoomba they would be my best group in the country. I love their sound and style. The last track they released was Orlando back in July, did a review of that track read review here (Orlando Track Review). This group keeps improving with each track, love the fact that they experiment with their sound so no two songs are alike. So when they announced that they will be releasing a new jam, I was glad and started my countdown immediately. Currently have been listening to a lot of Sauti Sol and I believe this group may emulate those guys on the continental scene. So the new song is finally released, lets see if it matches the expectations!!?? well my expectations??!!


So they engaged the Showtime Records boss Reverb 7 for the production of this jam. Reverb is on a high right now with the success of Bryan K's Heavy Machine, another track he produced which is getting a lot of love from Zimbos all over. So with the Reverb tag I was expecting the track to be on a house tip and I was wronggggg!! The jam is on an afro pop tip and its sounding awesome. I love the bass line here, its just well structured. The saxophone is lovely and adds a jazzy feel which makes the track much more better, in a way it also reminds me of Tresor's Never Let Me Go. The bass is bouncy and before you know it you'll be bumping to the beat. In overall the instrumental arrangement is fantastic, this is Reverb's best work of 2016 so far.

Overrated is a like a sad love story, its about loving someone who doesn't feel the same way or feel as strongly as you do. Sometimes you get to that point whereby every time you think I have found love, it ends in a heartbreak so you start feeling like love and relationships are overrated. You kind of lose your faith in love so you end up sticking/coming back to that person who doesn't love you just because you love them or becasue they are there. Many of us have been there...

The performance from the guys is on point, the vocals are audible and lyrics easy to comprehend. The vocals are well arranged, they complement the instrumental very well. The chorus is lovely, easy to sing along to. Great work from the guys.


In overall this is a very good track, I love it. The instrumental is sounding awesome, the vocals are awesome,the theme is relate-able. Solid. This track just took the top spot from All In My Head as my best Jam Signal track. Reverb also surprised me here, did not know he could produce another genre so well, as good (or better) than he does house music. Wow.

What are your thoughts on the jam??
Proud_Zimbo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZiJudgement Yard Volume Vol 23, 24 & Zimdancehall Vol 2

Judgement Yard Mixtapes: Volume 25 & 26

Mixtape Review : Brythreesixty - Purple Mars