5 Local Albums I Have Listened To The Most For The Past 18 Months

So ya there have been a lot of album on the local scene, some out of this world some not so good. We all have different preferences when it comes to music. The best way to see which music one likes is by looking at the albums that person listens to the most. Will be giving the top 5 local albums I have listened to for the past 18 months.


5. Simon Chimbetu - Survival (1997)
Chopper is a legend and this album can testify why many regard him as the best ever musician to come our of Zim. My best album from him was 2000 Blend but this year came across this album and have been listening to it like crazy, its it giving a strong case to being my favourite. Give it 6 more months it will be on number 1. The albums superb, smooth, awesome and everything you can want from music. It has 6 tracks,  namely, Vana Vaye, Pane Asipo, Sawara, Pasina Chandatadza, Simba Nederere & African Girl. and I love them all.
Buy The Album:


4. Mokoomba - Rising Tide (2012)
This is one timeless album from Zimbabwe's leading band. Rising Tide is afro fusion at its best, there are elements of everything on the album. The tracks are structured in a unique way, and have a different flavour from all the other album on the local scene. This is definitely a must have album. My top 5 favourite tracks on the album are: Njoka, Nimukonda, Mwile, Misodzi & Manunge.
Buy the album:


3. Bryan Kadengu - Nyaya Dzerudo (2015)
This is a brilliant album. Bryan K won me over with his powerful vocals and style. It was my best album of 2015. His blend of Afro soul is just awesome and hits the right spots. My top 5 tracks on the album are: Marunjeya, Matida, Usasiyane Neni, Beautiful You Are & Nyaya Dzerudo.
Buy The Album:


2. Victor Kunonga - Kwedu (2015)
Victor is a jazz icon and on this album he showed why he is the best in the game. The afro sound is very evident and well done on this album. The fusion of jazz and traditional elements makes the tracks on this album a joy to listen to. A masterpiece.  My top 5 favourite tracks on the album: Kwedu, Ruzevha, Kushanda, Ruvengo & Ruvengo.
Buy The Album:


1. Alexio Kawara - Tose (2011)
This is one album I have listened to countless times and I will continue to. The album is smooth and on point. I was split when the album was released but it won me over and ever since I have been listening to this album a lot. The messages, vocals performance, instrumentals are all on point. Stellar album. My top 6 tracks on the album are: Chihwande Hwande, Save, Chipo Changu,Chinyanye, Newe & Paunoda.
Buy The Album:



So ya those are the album I have listened to the most over the past 18 months. These albums are my definition of great music. Now it your turn, comment with the 5  local albums you have listened to in the past 18 months.
Proud_Zimbo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZiJudgement Yard Volume Vol 23, 24 & Zimdancehall Vol 2

Judgement Yard Mixtapes: Volume 25 & 26

Mixtape Review : Brythreesixty - Purple Mars