5 Comical Tracks From Zim

Music exists to entertain people. Sometimes music is there to offer motivation and support, sometimes it helps to explain those feelings that you fail to correctly describe. Music has a lot of uses but above all its supposed to entertain people. 

Today will be talking about those tracks that took entertainment to another new level, those tracks that made your jaw drop the first time you listened to them, those track where the creativity is just off the chains. The tracks may even have a serious or deep meaning/theme but the way they are structured just makes you laugh every-time you listen to that track.


Below are five track that I feel fit that description:
  • Sniper Storm - Kubhinya
This is the track that introduced Sniper Storm to Zimbabwe. Its a well made track, its structured very well and the choice of words is just amazing. Kubhinya speaks against  domestic violence. Sniper is urging guys to be gentle and understanding and not resort to force and violence to get a girl. This was massive hit in the early 2000's and its definitely a classic. The early early beginnings of Zim Dancehall.



  • Extra Large - Uri Roja
Extra Large were the best group in the early 2000's and this is the track that endeared them to the millions of Zimbos. They brought a new flavour and sound to the local music scene and the way they managed to balance the comical nature of their tracks and at the same time tackling the important social issues was unrivaled by any other urban artist. Uri Roja vividly and comically describes the challenges and abuses tenants face from their landlords. The track is still relevant more than 10 yrs on, that's what I call a masterpiece.


  • Abisha Makombe - Ndire Ndire
I do not know any other track from Abisha aside from this jam but this will forever be in my playlists and heart...I looove this jam. First time listening to it, I could not fully understand it then it all came to me and it just blew me away. Also you can get down to this jam big time. The choice of the words on this track are awesome. Ndire Ndire is about that special awesome beer that makes you go crazy every-time you drink it.



  • Nesto - My Chocolate
Nesto has this way of singing that always gets to me. He may be singing the craziest lines but the way he does it always hits the spot. This track was a hazard to my ribs, I laughed so hard when I heard this song, and the video worse ohhh my. My Chocolate is about telling your crush that they are your everything. I remember singing this track to this girl one time and she laughed so hard......classic jam.




  • Kuligan & Calabash - Pukunyu

These guys like Extra Large were on a roll when it came to delivering some crazy comical tracks in the early 2000's. This track was a massive hit and it received a lot of airplay on radio. Pukunyu is warning those people who like to live on the edge, those guys who are always getting into trouble without taking heed to of the consequences. The way the song is structured is awesome, catchy chorus and some fantastic lines.



These are the 5 comical tracks for today. If you want more track on this topic kindly let me know in the comments section and also write some other tracks that I have left out.


Proud_Zimbo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZiJudgement Yard Volume Vol 23, 24 & Zimdancehall Vol 2

Judgement Yard Mixtapes: Volume 25 & 26

Mixtape Review : Brythreesixty - Purple Mars