Proud Zimbo Recommends:

The local music industry is now very big that it's very hard to follow and be up to date with every new artist or track and it's up to us the bloggers to try and cover much ground as we can so we can at least give exposure to as much artists as possible. One of the primary objectives of this blog is to find new artists or those overlooked artists and try to give them a platform. Today will be sharing with you a couple of relatively unknown artists that I have come to love this past year, artists whom I wish the majority of Zimbos get to know about.


1. Ti Sheme
Switching to Rhumba was a very good move for Ti Sheme, his vocals do justice to the genre. Rhumba is now at an all time low on the local scene and many artists are switching away from it either to dancehall or afro beat. However there are still some rhumba fans in Zim like me and I cherish artists like Ti Sheme. Going through his discography one can see that like many artists he is also trying his hand on dancehall but I hope he maintains his rhumba vibe and push for the rise of Rhumba in Zimbabwe. He recently released a couple of track and when you listen to the track Vabereki Vangu featuring Lady Storm you will understand why he has won me over. On the track  he is asking the Almighty what happened to relationships these days, his parents and grandparents are still together but in this current age there are breakups and divorces everywhere. Other tracks from Ti Sheme you should check out are Madiro (feat Lady Storm) and Pfeka Bingo


2. Ryan Synth
House music on the local scene is slowly gaining prominence, thanks to artists such as Reverb7, Dj Stavo & Skaiva, but there is also a number of promising rising producers/deejay's and one that has caught my attention is Ryan Synth. He hails from the city of Kings and Queens Bulawayo. He released the super lovely jam Bakumele featuring the vocals of Paula Paloma. Was introduced to this track by Reverb7 through his Welcome to House mixes and instantly fell in love with the jam. I'm a sucker for deep house and this track fits into my kind of house. He is getting a commendable amount of airplay on Bulaway's SkyMetro Fm but I feel all the corners of Zim must get a chance to listen to him. Have also managed to tune in to his mixes on SkyMetro and I have to say he is one to watch for all house fans.


3. Will-Broad
The music industry is quite huge and one cannot cover it all by yourself, this artist was made known to me by a fellow music promoter @sp3kktracular. It was also my first time getting to hear about Will-Broad and it's only one song but it impressed me and convinced me to include him on this list.  Only Son talks about the challenges of being the only song in family, a lot of pressure will be on your shoulders, you will be expected to carry the family name forward. Aside from the theme being on point, Will's delivery is also very well structured and the production is also spot on, its a track that I could just relate to from the very first listen. Take a listen to the Will-Broad's Only Son track and tell me what you think.



So these are the three artists that I feel you should give a chance to. Feel free to share with other largely unknown artists that you feel deserve to be given more attention.

Proud_Zimbo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZiJudgement Yard Volume Vol 23, 24 & Zimdancehall Vol 2

Judgement Yard Mixtapes: Volume 25 & 26

Mixtape Review : Brythreesixty - Purple Mars