Track Review: Melyssa - Ever Let Go

Searching for new music from unknown artists is one of my favourite hobbies. I'm one of those people who believe the statement legendary producer Clive Monomukundu stated in his book; an artists best days are before he goes commercial. At that moment an artist is not bound by the pressure to remain atop of the game but he/she will just be making music as they feel so they are at their creative best during that period. Whilst browsing though my soundcloud I came across a track by a lady called Melyssa and decided to give the track a listen...mainly because it was produced by one person I'm closely following, Adrian Tate. So downloaded my copy and gave the song a listen. Today will be sharing my thoughts and views of the track.

Like I mentioned above Adrian Tate was behind the production of this track, for those who do not know who he is he was the other half of Soul Afrika. The production is done quite well, the instrumental is clean, simple and light on the ear. Adrian showed some lovely keyboard work on this jam. 

This track is for those who have found that special person and despite their imperfections they never want to let go or never want their partner to let go of them. Despite what that other partner lacks you promise to be supportive and love them forever.

This was my first time hearing of Melyssa and I have to say she did a lovely job on the vocals. Love how relaxed she is, she is not trying to hit notes others fail, she kept it in her range and the end result is a composed performance. Lovely performance.


In overall this is a lovely jam, it's well produced sung and written. It reminds me of a chilled cool day, it just has that chilled vibe which i'm loving. Expecting to hear more from Melyssa.

What are your thoughts on the track??
Proud_Zimbo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZiJudgement Yard Volume Vol 23, 24 & Zimdancehall Vol 2

Judgement Yard Mixtapes: Volume 25 & 26

Mixtape Review : Brythreesixty - Purple Mars