My Top 5 Tracks : Soul Jah Love

I'm still pained by the passing on of Soul Jah Love. Grew up listening to him and his music is forever cherished. He was truly a generational talent, you could not ignore him. He has delivered some mega hits, some big hits and a bucket load of good music. Since his death his music has been receiving some serious airplay both on commercial radio and other social media platforms. 

Today have decided to resume the Top 5 series with my top 5 from Makuruwani. Was dreading this one as I love a looot of Jah Love's music so just selecting just 5 was a major challenge but it has to be done. 

After some serious deliberations will be sharing with you my honorable mentions and then my top 5.


Hon Mentions:

Dai Hupenyu Hwaitengwa 

Gumkum

Magetsi

Hupenyu Ivhiri

Ndini Uya Uya

5. Kana Ndafa

This is like Soul Jah Love's Jemedza track, the track got even more popular after his passing on itwas like he was prophesying his life. This track make my eyes watery, it takes me down memory lane, from e first time hearing his music up to his death, what a career. 

4. Hove Huru 

Am a huge fan of the intro and energy that this track has. After a few weeks after its release I then learnt that there was another version which has this deep bass which I love to bits. 

3. Handichabatikata

This is the track that was released when Chibaba was at his peak, the way he changed his singing styles throughout is iconic. The intro can serve as a standalone track on its own. You could fe he was feeling andv taking inspiration from the n energy that was coming from the fans. 

2. Pamamonya Ipapo

This is arguably his most successful track, it was everywhere, and I mean literally everywhere..Bars, Supermarkets Gyms, Churches, Farms, Shops,... Everywhere. You could not resist or escape this track. 

1. Zvauri

This is my personal favourite from the icon, as much as the top 5 was hard to make the top spot was already definite, it was the other spots that gave me headache. I love everything about this track from the intro, theme, production and also Jah Love's performance.

So ya that's it for my top 5 from the late Icon Soul Jah Love. Feel free to share your top 5 in the comments section.

Proud_Zimbo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZiJudgement Yard Volume Vol 23, 24 & Zimdancehall Vol 2

Judgement Yard Mixtapes: Volume 25 & 26

Mixtape Review : Brythreesixty - Purple Mars